At the core of the ePOS experience is opening registers and closing them at the end of the day.
When a register is closed, the only action available besides opening the register is pricing lookups. This means that the ePOS manager (or someone with the role permission to open the register) needs to open the register before it can be used to take ePOS orders.
We've included the full list of steps below; for example if your business model doesn't use a cash drawer, you can ignore steps not relevant.
Here are the steps for Opening the Register:
1. ePOS Manager unlocks and opens cash drawer using the key.
2. ePOS Manager Logs in to the Admin Panel and clicks
ePOS > Open Register button on ePOS screen.
3. Count the cash/put cash in to the drawer and enter them on ePOS screen accordingly
4. Close the cash drawer and click Save Starting Drawer Balance
5. Log out from admin panel
At the end of the day (or work cycle), the ePOS manager should close out the register to compile the orders against the cash on hand.
Closing the Register (End of the day - zReport)
1. Manager opens cash drawer using the key
2. Manager Logs in to the Admin Panel and clicks:
ePOS > Close Register
3. Count the ending cash amounts and enter them in to the Close Register screen.
4. After verifying cash drawer receipts and totals.
5. Save Ending Drawer Balance
6. After printing the zReport, and re-verify all transactions including credit card payments, value card redemptions, etc. against the receipts.
The manger may place tomorrow’s starting cash in drawer (if the manager decides to do so, the ePOS system will not record it and he will need to note this in pen on the zReport)
7. Close and lock the drawer.
8. Log out of the admin panel