Product Favorites & Wish Lists are similar in a way as both enable you to create a list of products you wish to buy later.
The key differences between them are:
- Product Favorites do not take the item out of the Favorites list when added to the Cart. Wishlist does.
- Product Favorites allow creating multiple favorites (groups) and allows selecting the group when adding to favorites.
When Product Favorite lists feature is enabled, an Add to Favorites button will appear below the buy button on all product pages.
In order for a customer to use the Product Favorites lists feature they must register on your site. After a customer registers, they can then add products to their Product Favorite lists, and then return to the site at any time and purchase the saved items directly from their Product Favorite lists.
If you wish to have the Product Favorites or Wishlist features enabled or disabled, please reach out to your Account Manager.
Creating a Favorites lists:
- In the Top Menu Bar click the Favorites List link.
- Enter a name for the favorite in the New favorite list Name field.
- Click Create New Favorite List.
Adding product to Favorites lists
On the product page, when a customer clicks Add to favorites the system navigates to the favorite list page. Here you can either save the product to existing favorites list or create a new one.
In order to select existing list, check the radio button for that list and click save to Favorites lists.
If you wish to create a list, enter a name in the New favorite list name field and click create new favorite list button. Once the list is created select it and click save to Favorites lists.
Moving product from Favorites lists to cart
Click the Edit link for a given favorite list. It displays all the products associated with the given list - select the product and click the add to shopping cart button.
To Delete a product, select the item and click on the Delete Button.
To Update the quantity, select product, update the quantity, and click on the Update Button.
The Clear all existing items in Shopping Cart checkbox removes the existing items from cart and adds the favorite list item to the cart when you click the add to shopping cart button.
- The customer is required to log in to add an item to favorites.
- Wish lists allows adding an item after logout if the shopping cart cookie is available. However, since favorites are associated with a customer and not with shopping cart, the customer is required to login.
- Moving items between favorite list folders is not available.
- The Qty box in the favorites list page is similar to wish list, where a quantity can be entered and saved. The new quantity won’t get added to the shopping cart unless the user saves it first. No stock display in the favorites page once the item is in the favorites list. When the item is added to cart, the stock will be validated in the shopping cart only.
- Add to wish list from the favorites list page is not supported.
- Renaming a folder once created is not allowed. The user can only create or delete a folder. When the user deletes a folder, all products in that folder are deleted.