The Checkout Survey Manager allows a merchant to gather additional information from a customer. It can also be used to require a customer to accept a site's Terms & Conditions before checking out. The Checkout Survey Manager supports:
- Text box answers or drop-down answers.
- Required or optional answers.
- Help links or inline help text.
Let’s see an example of how to use the Checkout Survey Manager to collect additional information from your customers:
Request the customer's birthday during checkout:
- Go to Marketing > DISCOUNTS, EMAIL & OTHER > Checkout Survey Manager.
- In the Checkout Survey Question (New) section, ask the customer to provide their date of birth in the Question field. (For example, "Please provide us with your date of birth".)
- Select the Visible checkbox. If you want to make this field mandatory, select the Required checkbox as well.
- Click Add.
This will add the question to the List of Checkout Survey Questions section.
- If you wish to restrict the response of the customer to one set of pre-defined options, click the Edit Options link corresponding to the question just added.
- If you need to provide options, specify them in the Checkout Survey Question Options window. They will be displayed to the customer in a drop-down list from which they choose a single response.
Note: You might use this if you wanted to collect just the birthday month or year from the customer. If you do not choose to Edit Options, a simple text box will be presented to the customer, in which they will be able to type their response.