You may wish to reward customers who purchase multiple quantities of a product by offering a quantity discount that is applied to individual products on an order for multi-quanity orders. You can use Pulse Commerce's Quanity Discount Groups functionality to set this up.
Note: Quantity discounts are enabled only when Hide Product Quantity is set to No from Site Settings > General Settings page, as well as at the product level.
Set up a quantity discount to be applied to individual products based on the quantity ordered of multiple products :
- Go to Products > Global Product Options.
- In the Quantity Discount Groups table, at the bottom, enter the name of your discount group and click theAdd New Group button.
- Once Group is created for Choose Discount Group select the newly created discount group.
- Specify your desired options for the discount group in the Lower Bound, Upper Bound, and Discount fields. Leave the IsPercentage checkbox selected to charge the discount as a percent, instead of a specific dollar amount.
- Click the Add New Discount button.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each lower/upper bound discount you would like to apply to the group.
In the example below, if 10-20 products are ordered, savings will be 5% for each item; if 21-30 products are ordered, savings = 10% for each item, etc.
Once you have created the discount group, you can enable the discount group for a product as follows:
- Go to Products > Product Catalog Manager.
- Click the Edit link for the product to which you would like to apply a discount.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Edit Quantity Discounts table, simply select the group you want from the Choose Discount Group drop-down list. The discounts from the group are automatically applied to the product.
Note: You can make changes to the group by updating values and clicking the Update Discounts button. All products that have this discount group assigned will be updated.
- When finished, click the Close button.