Sockets or Widgets refer to specialized areas of content on the storefront (e.g. In the Spotlight, Money Savers, Cool Features, etc.). Widgets are enabled and configured via Pulse Commerce's Widget Manager. The Widget Manager gives you the option to enable/disable sockets and update widget content for:
- The Center Panel of the home page.
- The Right Panel (displayed on every product page in the store).
- Top Panel: At the top of the home page.
- Left Panel: Left Side of the home page.
Widgets are made visible by a merchant by selecting the Visible checkbox for a widget:
- Go to Content Manager > Widget Manager.
- Click the Right Panel; Center Panel; Top Panel or Left Panel depending on the location of the widget you want to enable/disable. (Right Panel widget supports various System Widgets.)
- Locate the widget and update content as needed.
- Click Edit link.
- Select/deselect the Visible checkbox to show/hide the socket.