Google Webmaster Tools allows you to submit all of your URLs to the Google index and get detailed reports about the visibility of your pages on Google.
In order to configure Google Webmaster Tools, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.google.com/webmasters/tools, and if you haven't done so already, register for a Google Webmaster Tools Account, and sign in.
- Click the Webmaster Tools link.
- Enter the website address and click on the Add Site button then click Verify.
- You will be asked to choose verification methods - either Upload an HTML file or Add a meta tag to the head section of the site's home page.
- Select Add a meta tag. You will be given a special meta tag code. Copy the meta tag listed by the Webmaster Tool and add it in the:
Content Manager > Meta Tags Editor (SEO) section of your site - Place the provided meta tag after the </title> tag.
- Once the meta tag is added to the homepage of your site, return to the Google Webmaster Tool and click the Verify button.
- On clicking Verify the verification status will be displayed.