In order to get started with Scene7 Rich Media, follow the steps below.
- First, create an account with Adobe Scene7.
- You will need to contact Scene7 support and obtain the Secure URL and Insecure URL for your account. Once you obtained the information go to Marketing > Analytics & media tab > Adobe Scene7 Integration and enter the Secure URL and Insecure URL path.
- The Products > Product Catalog Manager > Product Editor allows using thumbnail (Small Image), medium image and large image. The image viewer with zoom, pan and other features of Scene7 will be shown on product details page (item page) and product group details page (item group page).
- When the module is enabled, all the product, product group and category images in the store front will be using the images from Adobe.
- Partial image usage from Pulse Commerce and partial from Adobe is supported. The system will check the path of the image and display the image accordingly.
- You can create separate images for thumbnail and medium images. However, it is advisable to create image presets in Scene7. This will be useful when the size of the image needs to be changed throughout the site.
- Login to you Adobe Scene7 account and input the site URL in Pulse Commerce. Add the images in the Scene7 panel for the respective products in Pulse Commerce. The admin can create multiple presets and they can be used in Pulse Commerce to display appropriate images.
|Product Editor Control||Usage|
|Small Image||This will be used in all the places in Pulse Commerce wherever the image thumbnail is displayed. you can use the full URL of the Scene7 image with the preset for a thumbnail.|
|Medium Image||This will be used in all the places where a medium image is used. This is used mainly in the product details page. Therefore, when adding the URL for this field, you should add the image URL that has the rotation, spin etc, which you want the users to view on the item details page.|
|Large Image||This will be preset for large image. When adding the URL for this field you should add the image URL that has the rotation, spin etc, which they want the users to view in the item details page.|
Note: The preset can be named as you wish, but it will be easy to remember and manage if it is created as thumbnail, medium and large.
The storefront search page displays the thumbnail of the products.
Category display page
Category display page displays the thumbnail of the products.
Product details page
The product details page will display the Scene7 image viewer with the controls for zoom, pan and reset. If the URL provided in the large image box in Product Editor is of the viewer, then the viewer is displayed. If the URL provided is of an image with the preset as a large or medium image, then the same image will be displayed without the viewer.
The below image is of the product details page with the image viewer. The URL of the image viewer is
- http://s7d5.scene7.com/s7/zoom/flasht_zoom.jsp?company=<DomainName>&sku=<SKU>&config= /ImageSet1-Views_A&locale=en
The screen shot below shows the page with the large image as an image from Scene7 without the image viewer.
- If the image viewer is used in the Large Image field, then the system will not work for Use Large Image as Thumbnail setting in product editor.
- The image link in Order View page will not display the image viewer.
- The preview link in image field will not display the images from Scene7. Instead use the preview link in the upper right of the product editor.