Affiliates link to your store using an affiliate code you provide them so that GoECart can monitor how many customers arrived through that site. GoECart provides a basic Built-in Affiliate Manager that lets you generate the code. Affiliates can then be tracked via the Affiliate Referral Report.
Create a unique affiliate code for an affiliate:
- Go to Marketing > ANALYTICS & MEDIA
- In the ANALYTICS & MEDIA section click Built-in Basic Affiliate Manager
Note: GoECart provides more advanced affiliate management via Linkshare Affiliate Marketing and Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing add-on modules. For more information about these options, reach out to your Account Manager.
- Enter a unique Affiliate Code.
Important: Do not include special characters and spaces in the affiliate code.
- Enter a brief description of the affiliate in the Affiliate Description field.
- Enter a Sort Order, if desired.
- Click the Add New button.
- Provide your affiliate with their unique URL in the format of www.MyGoECart.com/default.asp?Affiliate=My_Code. where MyGoECart.com is your domain name and My_Code is the Affiliate Code you just created above. Your affiliate should use this URL when they link to your site.
- You can track the affiliate orders via Order Information Page or Referral Report.
When somebody enters your store through this URL and makes a purchase, this action will be recorded on the Order Information Page.
For example, we created an affiliate with the code SMITH - Order information tracks the affiliate information for the Affiliate field.