A widget is an element of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that displays information for a user to interact with the application.
System Widgets give merchants the ability to promote the products on their site.
The System Widgets are available in the Right Panel Socket Manager. This will be displayed on the right panel of your store-front. The merchant also has the flexibility to either select a System Widget OR use the WYSIWYG editor to enter custom content for a given socket. You can have one socket display the System Widget and other sockets to display custom content at the same time.
Pulse Commerce supports Four types of system Widgets: New Arrival, Recently Viewed, Shopping Cart Items, and Search Box
Currently, Pulse Commerce supports the following 3 display values for New Arrival;
- New arrival – Top 5 items – Display 5 new items.
- New arrival – Top 10 items - Display 10 new items.
- New arrival – Top 15 items - Display 15 new items.
The following 3 display values for Recently Viewed;
- Recently viewed – Top 2 items – Displays 2 viewed items.
- Recently viewed – Top 5 items - Displays 5 viewed items.
- Recently viewed – Top 10 items – Displays 10 viewed items.
And the following 2 display values for Shopping Cart Items;
- Shopping Cart Items with price - Displays the price for the given item and the subtotal.
- Shopping Cart Items without price - Display only product information, product price & subtotal are not displayed.
Pulse Commerce allows the admin to enable a search box in the Right Panel.
Note: if Enterprise Site Search is enabled then the admin can select option Enterprise Search box.
Setting up a System Widget:
- Go to Content > Widget Manager.
- In Right Panel, click the Edit button for the given widget.
- In the Widget Manager, select the desired System Widget, and click Update to save the change.
Note: Products are displayed based on the creation date. If 2 sockets are configured to display the same widget, the system will display the widget twice.
Shopping Cart Items without price: