You may have a product that comes in different sizes, colors, etc. Even though each one those sizes, colors, etc. is technically a different product, you can define a single inventory entry called shirt and create product options in order to create track and each of the different sizes, colors, etc. You can create an option called Size, for example, and define relevant sizes, such as S, M, L, XL. The customer can select the size of the product they want to buy from a list of options - right from the same product page.
Create a new global product Option Class:
- Go to Products > Global Product Options.
- Enter a Label for the new option.
- Optionally, enter a URL for Pop-up Help that defines the option on the storefront.
- Select a option for Display Format.
- Add a value for - Dropdown Default.
- Select a value for Display Label?. If yes is selected it will display the label. No will not display the label.
- Click Add New.
Create a new Option Value:
Once done with global product options you will need to create Option Value for this Option Class.
- Click the Manage link beside the Option Class. This opens up the Global Product Options > Manage Template.
- Enter value for Option Value.
- Assign a sort order.
- Enter value for Abbreviation. (Does not support duplication of Abbreviation under same option Class. Each abbreviation must be unique.)
- Browse image path.
- Click Add New.
Define options for a product:
- Go to Products > Product Catalog Manager.
- Click the Edit link beside the product for which you would like to define options.
- In the Product Editor, click the Advanced tab.
- For Edit Product Options Select an Option Class (e.g., Size or Flavor). See the procedure above to define new a new global product Option Class.
- Enter a Description (e.g., XL or Vanilla) for the option.
- Enter a Surcharge amount for the option if required. For example, you might want to charge a surcharge for an oversize item or for a color that was especially hard to find.
- Select an option from the Apply Surcharge to drop-down list.
- Leave the Visible checkbox selected so the option will be visible on the storefront.
- Click the Add New Option button.
Note: once per item surcharge causes a small decimal issue in calculating the total. The difference in the amount is negligible.
Article is closed for comments.