Pulse Commerce provides multiple ways to display the top navigation options to your customer. These ways include:
Logo and Custom Header Editor
Logo and Custom Header Editor is used to enter ads and set the banner at the top of every page in your store. You can enable by going to Content Management>> Logo and Custom Header Editor.
The Top panel can be used to promote a banner at the top of your site. This banner is displayed below the top header menu bar links and on all pages.
To enable it:
- Go to Content Manager > Socket Manager > Right Panel.
- Click the Top Panel link.
- Click Edit to open the Top Panel Socket Editor.
- Add the content and click Update.
Top Navigation Menu
Pulse Commerce supports three display values controlling the Top Navigation Bar. To select the desired setting, navigate to Site Settings > General Settings > Display Settings >Display Top Top Links (About Us, Shopping Cart...).
Top Down Category Navigation Menu
- Go to Products > Category Editor.
- For Rebuild Top Down Category Navigation select the number of levels of sub-category to display in the drop-down menu.
Four levels are the maximum allowed, this includes the top level too.
The look and feel of the drop down menu can be changed using the CSS file (menu.css) and is available for editing in Custompages/CSS FTP folder.
The drop down menu can either have image or text. The image used in the drop down will be the navigation link image entered through the category editor.
In order to make this menu visible:
- Go to Site Settings > Navigation Layout.
- For the Top Down Category Navigation option, select Visible.
- Click Update.