The Floating Shopping Cart ensures that customers have easy access to their shopping cart by displaying the cart in a tiny frame on each page while the customer navigates the store. It helps the customer recognize how many products and the total billing amount they have already spent in the store. The Floating Cart boosts the customer’s confidence by displaying their cart contents on all web pages.
It's proven that customers only purchase more when they feel more secure while they are moving on store pages. This means more volume, higher profits and less of your valuable time spent chasing down abandoned carts
On the other hand, the Always-On Shopping Cart is available only on the right side. The static Always-On Shopping Cart is available on all pages.
The difference between Floating Shopping Cart and Always-On Shopping Cart:
- Floating Shopping Cart has a hovering effect - so when you mouse over, you can see the cart and its content whereas Always-On Shopping Cart is static.
- Floating Shopping Cart shows the last 3 items added whereas the Always-On Shopping Cart shows all the items added to the cart.
Key Benefits of Floating Shopping Cart and Always-On Shopping Cart:
- Displays cart contents on every page.
- Completely eliminates the need for shoppers to click view shopping cart to see its contents.
- Lets customers be aware of the items that they have purchased through name, product option & image.
- Customers can checkout right from the Floating Shopping Cart or Always-On Shopping Cart.
- Shows the total number of items purchased.
- Shows the total price of the product purchased.
To Enable the Floating Shopping Cart navigate to Settings > General Settings > Display Settings:
The setting Floating Shopping Cart Options provides three choices for controlling the Floating Shopping Cart:
- Hide the Floating Cart: if this value is selected then the Floating Cart will not visible for customer.
- Show Floating Cart with price: If this value is selected then the Floating Cart displays the price for given item and the subtotal.
- Show Floating Cart without price: for a given value the cart displays only product information, product price & subtotal is not displayed.
Once done with the value for the option, click on the Update button to save changes.
To control the background color of the Floating Shopping Cart navigate to Settings > Colors and Fonts > Floating Cart Background Color and click Edit, select desired color and click Update.
To enable the Always-On Shopping Cart navigate to Content > Widget Manager > Right Panel and in the Always ON Static Widget click Edit to open the Widget editor:
From the drop down select choose one of the two options: