If a customer forgets their password, they can quickly retrieve it via the storefront by doing the following:
- Click My Account from the storefront.
- Click Forgot Password.
After clicking this link, the customer is asked for their email address as verification. The system will send their password to that address.
If the customer has also forgotten the email address they used during registration—or if their email address has changed—then you can reset the password for them by doing the following:
- Go to Customers > Search Customers.
- Click Edit for that customer.
- Note the customer's email address, and update the customer's password.
- Click Save Changes.
- Email or call the customer with the email address and new password.
Important: You should instruct the customer to immediately change the password you gave them by going to their My Account page and clicking on the Change Your Email Address or Password link.
Article is closed for comments.