Offline Batch Processer System: Pulse Commerce Quick Reference Guide
Pulse Commerce Offline batch processor is a .Net based multi-tenant windows service. This service is scheduled to run every 30 minutes (this duration is configurable). Currently, the functionalities supported are:
- Product Import
- SKU Export
The Offline Batch Processer System enables to process large data. The merchant does not need to wait for the files to be processed. They can just upload the file to the FTP and the system will process automatically at the predefined schedule and email the status.
Batch Processer System Integration Benefits:
- Product Imports allows importing large data without any issues.
- Automatic SKU exports will be created at a predefined interval of time. Enables the merchant to keep track of SKU.
- All the files are easily accessible. Files are located in the FTP along with logs.
- The SKU export enables merchants to have their own process/application to download and transfer these data to another application.
- The merchant does not need to wait for the files to be processed. They can just upload the file to the FTP and the system will process automatically at the predefined schedule and email the status. For example, Offline Schedule can be setup to run in the nights and merchants can download the CSV from the admin panel, add their changes to the CSV and upload them to the FTP.
Information needed from the merchant
The merchant will need to provide the following information to support before setting up Offline Batch Processing:
- Email address to send notifications to.
- Interval to schedule each process (additional fees may apply for intervals less than 12 hrs)
Offline Batch Processing supports Product Import and SKU Export.
The product import process is used to upload large product files to merchant sites. This process uses the CSV available in the admin panel. We recommend reviewing the product CSV legend for more information on the CSV field.
The legend may be downloaded from Import & Export > Import tab > Legend.
The processor expects the following conventions.
- File Name: products_export.csv
- File Format: CSV
Once the file is processed, the system will send an email confirmation to the merchant email address. The email will contain details about the number of records processed, records that are imported successfully and the count of records failed. An attachment will be available in the email, which gives more details about each row of product information. The Line number starts from 1, which essentially denotes the first row below the header.
The SKU Export will be created at a predefined interval and this will be a CSV file with the SKU of each product and its last modified date and time.
- File Name: sku_export.csv
- File Format: CSV
Once the file is created, the system will send an email confirmation to the merchant email address. The file will be located at Outbound folder. The merchant can download it Via FTP.
Folder Structure of FTP:
Merchants will have a separate FTP folder for this offline processing. The FTP will contain the following folders.
This folder should contain all the files that need to be processed by the application. In this case, the products_export.csv file should be uploaded to this folder.
This folder contains the files generated by the system. In our case, the sku_export.csv file will be saved in this folder.
This folder contains all the log files specific to each merchant.
This folder contains the products_export.csv files, which are already processed. The file path will be appended with the data and time on which it was processed.
Note: Offline Batch Processer System is an add-on module and requires an additional fee. If you are interested in learning more about or purchasing the Offline Batch Processer System please reach out to your Account Manager or call 1-877-243-3612 (Toll free).