Add a new top-level category to the storefront:
- Go to Products > Category Editor.
- Click Add new Category.
Note: The procedure for adding subcategories is essentially the same. To add a subcategory, you would first browse to the level where you want to add the subcategory and then click the add new subcategory link.
- In the Add New Category window, enter the Name of the category.
Note: The Markup field indicates the percentage used to calculate sales prices of products in a category if actual sales prices are not available. The markup is specified on the main page of the Category Editor and then used to calculate sales prices as follows: cost + (cost * markup). For example, if the cost of a product in a category is $10 and markup is 0.1, the product sale price will be $11.
- Select the Visible checkbox to make products that appear under this category are visible in client section.
- Enter a Short Description and Long Description to be displayed on category display page in the store.
- Enter the text you want to be displayed in your browser's title bar for the category in the Page Title field.
- Enter the HTML tags to describe page content, used to optimize the site for search engines, in the Meta Tags field.
- Select a radio button to indicate Display Category Format.
Tip: Position your mouse cursor over the words Format 1, Format 2, and Format 3 (Amazon.com like) to see examples.
- Click the Browse links to select a Navigation Link Image and a Navigation Image OnMouseOver to display instead of text in the left navigation, if desired.