Here are the steps to assign one or more custom attributes to products:
- Edit the product using the Products > Product Catalog Manager > Product Editor link.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Edit Custom Product Attribute section.
- Select a custom attribute from Product Attribute drop-down list (e.g., Year)
Note: If the drop-down list is empty or the attribute you want doesn't exist, you need to create a new one by going to Products > Custom Product Attributes.
- Specify a value for the custom attribute in the Value field (e.g., 2008).
- Specify a Sort Order to control where in the list of custom attributes the attribute will appear, if desired.
- You can also make this option visible or invisible using the Visible checkbox.
- Click the Add New Attribute button.
- Repeat for each attribute you would like to apply to this product.