There are a few reasons why a website might load slowly. The most common reason is that large images are used as thumbnails. This is generally not good because it reduces the speed and quality of the website, also eventually leads to excessive bandwidth usage.
There are three image sizes needed for each item, small, medium and large. Small images should be used for thumbnails, medium for product description pages and large for the zooming feature. Once the images are created and uploaded to the website, these images can be specified for each product in the product editor.
Configure these settings:
- Go to Products > Product Catalog.
- Find the appropriate product and click the Edit link to the right.
- Refer to the image below for proper image filename placement.
- Click the Browse link, find your image.
- Press the Select button to the right of the appropriate file name.
- Press the Update button to save your changes.