This article assumes you have successfully signed up for an Authorize.net payment gateway account.
You will need the following from Authorize.net (log into your Authorize.net Account):
- Record your Authorize.net credentials (API Login and Transaction Key).
These are generated through your Authorize.net Account here:
(Authorize.net login > settings > security > API login and Transaction Key) - you'll need to answer your secret question set up when your Authorize.net account was created.
- Disable password required mode.
(Authorize.net login > settings > security > password required mode).
- Ensure your Authorize.net Account has Test Mode = OFF.
(Authorize.net login > settings > security > test mode)
Next, configure your Pulse Commerce system to accept credit card payments through Authorize.net:
- Go to: Settings > Pay Methods > Online - Payment Options (Credit Cards Only) > Authorize.net.
- Click Enable.
- Click Edit.
- Enter your APILogin, colon (:), colon (:), and TransactionKey into the Merchant ID field in the following format: APILogin::TransactionKey (note there are 2 colons and no spaces.)
- Click Update button to save your changes.
- Congratulations! You have now finished enabling your Authorize.net connection with Pulse Commerce. Please place test orders using live credit cards to confirm that all steps of the process were completed successfully.
Refer to http://www.authorize.net/kb.asp?page_id=169764&url=/authorize.net/consumer/search.asp for additional information regarding the settings within Authorize.net that affect the operation of your gateway.