Periodically, when working on complex or even simple cases, support may need to see what your screen looks like. Screenshots or screen captures are easily done and you do not need any special software:
- Navigate to the screen that you would like to take a screenshot of / capture the image of.
- Press the Print Screen (PrtScn) button. Or, if the desired screen is in a window, you may press Alt + PrtScn to capture just that window.
- Open the program in Windows called Paint. Depending on your version of windows, the program is generally located in the Accessories folder. (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)
- Paste the image in to the Paint program by selecting Edit and then Paste.
- Now that the image from the screen has been pasted in, save the image as a JPEG file by going to File and clicking Save. Select the file type from the pull-down menu.
- Attach the file to the email and email it to support.