- Log in to your Gmail account. Click the Gear icon at the top of the page.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Click the Accounts and Import tab at the top. If you use Google Apps for domains, click the Accounts tab instead.
- Scroll down to the Check Mail Using POP3 section in the sidebar, and click Add POP3 email account you own.
- Enter the email address of the account you want Gmail to check in the Email Address box in the window that pops up. Click the Next Step button.
- Enter your password for the account you want to check in the Password box. Verify that the POP server and Port fields have the correct information for your account.
All email accounts we host, regardless of the domain name, will use the following server settings. To use a secure connection, use the settings marked SSL.
Incoming Server Type:
POP3 with SSL
IMAP with SSL
Outgoing Server Type:
8025, or 2525
SMTP with SSL
- Check the box next to the Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail unless your email account provider explicitly told you not to. Read the other options regarding messages from that account and check the boxes next to the ones that you wish to enable.
- Click Add Account.
- Check your other email account for a verification email. When you get it, either enter the verification code in the pop-up box or click Verify next to the email address in your Gmail Accounts tab and enter the verification code. Add up to five email accounts.
Tips and Warnings
Gmail tries to guess the correct settings for your email account's server and port based on your email address, but it is best to put in the information directly.
Always use SSL to connect.
Article is closed for comments.