Pulse Commerce provides built-in WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors that enable you to update nearly all of the content on the storefront. You can also use third-party tools such Adobe Dreamweaver, but you will need to copy and paste the generated HTML into the applicable WYSIWYG editor windows in Pulse Commerce.
Important: It is strongly recommended that someone on your staff who is familiar with Dreamweaver, HTML, and web development is called on to accomplish this task.
The following example provides some general guidelines as to how you can create a custom header using Dreamweaver.
- Open Dreamweaver and create your custom header, inserting your content, images, and links.
Important: Be sure to use only relative paths for your images and links. In other words., do not use your domain name in your image and link URLs. If you use absolute paths for images, you will receive security error messages once the SSL is installed.
- When finished, go to Dreamweaver's Code view, and copy the HTML in between the <body></body> tags.
- In Pulse Commerce, go to Content > Logo and Custom Header Editor.
- Click the View/Edit Source tab to open the Source Editor.
- To replace what is in the editor, select the existing code and delete it.
- Paste the text copied from Dreamweaver in the now empty editor window.
- When finished making changes, click Apply and then Ok.
- To save changes click Update.