Pulse-Commerce direct label printing is very efficient and convenient way to complete the order fulfillment process.
Pulse Commerce EPL labels
1. Check your computer name
This PC > R-click > Properties
2. Check your thermal printer name
Printers & Scanners
3. Ensure the printer is set to allow sharing:
Printers & scanners > Printer properties > Sharing tab
Check "Share this printer" and ensure the Share name is the same name as the printer.
NOTE: Please ensure the printer name and the share name do not have any spaces in their name
Example: "UPS 2844" is no good
Example: "UPS2844" is good
Create .bat file
1. Create a text file, called "PrintEPL.bat" in a location that will not be deleted
2. Edit the file, add the following text:
COPY %1 \\<COMPUTER NAME>\<PRINTER NAME>
-Use your computer's name
-Use your Printer's name
Note: Please ensure there are no spaces in your computer name or printer name
Computer name; Golf-17-02
Printer name: EPLPrint
COPY %1 \\Golf-17-02\EPLPrint
3. Save and close file once done.
Download thermal printer labels
In the Pulse-Commerce admin panel, follow these steps to download thermal labels
1. Within order details, under the Shipments tab, View Label
2. In the popup, Download
3. Set .bat file to run for thermal printer file
In downloads folder, R-click on thermal label > Open with > Choose another app
Look for another app on this PC
Don't forget to check the "Always use this app to open .epl files!
4. Navigate to the PrintEPL.bat file created above:
We have now set the thermal label-type files to open directly on our thermal printer.
5. Double click on the thermal label to print the label
6. After successfully printing *.epl labels on the thermal printer, set Chrome to "Always open files of this type".
NOTE: If your Zebra printer is printing out multiple incorrect labels it is most likely due to the Spooling service running on your printer. To fix this type of issue, please find the folder containing the Spool settings on your PC (used for printing) and delete all of the contents in this folder.